Christopher Nolan, I see what you did there.
My mind was going in circles.
People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.
A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life…” —Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia) (via kari-shma) (via forgettingme) (via heysilly)
After the intentional oversleep, I woke up alone again. Two of my roomies went home for the long weekend (no class on Monday!). And the other one went to school for some org stuff.
Here I am listing down the things I’m supposed to do today.
- Law outline
- Philo reading assignment
- Answer Advanced Accounting problems
- etc. etc.
But what I’m actually doing is:
- Reblogging on Tumblr
- I watched Yes Man
- I’m currently watching Romeo and Juliet again. The Claire Danes/LEONARDO DiCAPRiO version.
- Will watch Vampire Diaries re-runs later.
Is it okay if I don’t do any school related things today? I mean, this is just the break that I need. One day of idleness won’t hurt right? In fact it will help me forget about another week of exams that I had. It was still frustrating but whatever.
Nobody said Accounting was easy.
Nobody said Finance was easy.
Nobody said Law was easy.
It is a natural fact that all kids love candy. However,
is also a fact that not all kids have the luxury of being
able to eat candy or in many cases even enough food to eat.
People who live in third world and other poor countries simple
don’t have enough money to be able to afford such luxuries
as candy for their children.
They are lucky if they can afford a roof over their heads and food to eat.
The look on their faces broke my heart.
- The way he will come over to see me, for no reason, just to let me know I’m important to him .
- The way he is always ready to lick the jelly off my nose.
- The way he will run all over the yard, fetch a soggy tennis ball and bring it back to me as if to say - it’s all have, but it’s yours.
- The way he wakes me up in the morning by pushing his cold wet nose in my ear and snuffing loudly.
- The way he shreds toilet paper all over the house, because it’s fun - even though he knows he shouldn’t .
- The way he wedges himself near me when I am sad and push all others away, to console me with his love.
- The way he doesn’t care about bad hair days or overdue bills.
- The way he loves me, even when I’m impatient with him and have no time this morning for a game of tug the shirt.
- The way his coat feels like liquid silk under my fingers.
- The way he looks into my eyes and finds contentment in just being near me.
I tried to take it a day at a time. I took every exam with my best efforts but… surprise, surprise! I got Ds and Cs and Bs. It’s depressing really. I got a call from my Mom yesterday. I went like this:
Mom: Nak, kailangan maka-graduate naka within 4 years.
Me: Hmm? Four years? You mean naa pa koy allowance na two years? *grin*
Me: 3rd year na man gud ko ma. Two years left in college.
Mom: Ay tama! Graduate ka within two years dapat! Hahaha.
It was a relief to be talking with my Mom even for just a portion of my day. She never fails to make me laugh even during my most depressing moments.
Anyway. So, it’s Friday and am I supposed to rest tonight?
No. I’m off to read Bloomberg.