I should tell you about my father
My father - how to begin, where to end.
We don’t talk a lot except in one or two sentences. I get inside his car and he could drive on for hours without talking to me. I am used to it now. Actually, I am now coming to understand everything I failed to understand about him when I was younger.
- He wants coffee in the morning. Make him one and he’ll be happy.
- He hates seeing dirty dishes in the sink. If he sees the sink filled, he’ll wash all of it himself and it’s a guilty moment for everybody.
- He likes his polo shirts crisp and clean.
- He has to smell good before going to the office. Hence, the many bottles of perfume.
- He’s a Willie fan. Willie Revillame. He bought his songs and sings them. He dances to his novelty songs and… you get the picture.
- After office, he goes to the farm and tends his cows, goats, chickens. He actually dislikes us playing Farmtown/Farmville in Facebook because according to him it’s way far from real farming.
- He’s a regular churchgoer.
- Because of him, I affirmed that really, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. After a hard day’s work, when he eats good food for dinner, he’s happy. Period.
I understand him. I know there are still a lot of things we were not able to share but I am happy he’s there. Happy Father’s day Papa.